Monday, June 30, 2014

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ art museums πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

At SAIC we got passes into all the art museums for free!!! It was a dream c: I saw the GIANT RenΓ© Magritte show and it was fantastical, no photos were allowed, and I didn't have my camera anyways. I did buy a big book of postcards and another book of surrealist party games! Then we went as a class to see some Frida Kahlo and her contemporaries at the MCA. Frida is a massive inspiration to me, and they had some other really amazing works about gender in society. I have seen Frida's work in person before, and its level of detail always amazes me.

I don't know why but I didn't take photos of that exhibit, but I took some of Isa Genzken's art. It is found art- and I am not too sure if I am on board with it really, but i must say she has an eye for color for sure. Also, I took some selfies c:






 the modern art of the selfie




No comments:

Post a Comment